HARLEY-DAVIDSON Biker Community

Powered by its Members and HD Florida

Hi everyone, first post here but I'm wondering if anyone else is riding out to Biketoberfest next Friday October 15th from the Tampa area.  There must be at least a few other riders going Friday morning, and it's always more fun to ride in a group!   While I-4 is obviously the most direct path, it's not exactly a riders paradise... it would be nice to take a more scenic and relaxing route. 

Tags: Biketoberfest

Views: 59

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Keenan...I might be going over on Friday....I did a query myself about Saturday a few weeks ago....for me it all depends n when my relief gets to Kabul so I can head home. I'll send you an update if I get out of here early...Lew
I'm planning on it and I never take I-4, back roads all the way! I still need to find a room for fri. and sat. nites!
The October issue of Go For A Ride Magazine has a scenic map that takes you from New Port Richey to Daytona Beach. The route includes some nice back road riding and there are plenty of places to stop along the way if you want to take a break. Issues should be available at all the dealership locations.
Sorry we aren't going on friday morning but we are going on saturday morning.
We're leaving for St. Augustine Thursday morning then staying on main street Sat. night. Anybody leaving on Thursday?
My husband and I were looking forward to attending, it would of been our first biketoberfest...nuts, going to be out of town...
Hope everyone has a great time, take the scenic route, and enjoy!!!
hey, Keenan, I am heading up on Friday morning about 9am, I do plan on leaving from trinity fl, taking trinity blvd, and going up rt 54 to interstate 75, and taking I-4 to international blvd and stopping and riding the new 2011 bikes in daytona speedway area, and heading up to mainstreet and enjoy the party for 3 days. If you want to go together, sure I am game dont know many back roads, but no rush on getting there cant check into hotel til 4pm. got friday, saturday and sunday night hotel and returning from daytona on monday morning sometime. got to work on tuesday 10.19.10, Alan.
Keenan
I'm riding out Friday about 8:00 AM (maybe 9) from Apollo Beach and going to my hotel in Lake Mary. 'm open to routes as long as I hit hotel around 12.
Let me know if you want to join up.
Leo
leo.dioguardi@gmail.com
I sure wish I had my bike already, got 2 on the get list so far, I would be there for sure, I'll make the next one for sure, I just opened a store here in Piedmont, Alabama selling biker supplies, esp. HD, opening it this week, bought out a store inventory.......will take special orders, etc., spread the word......name of business "Jenks" - Looking forward to joining in when I get my special ride......Kim aka Duke

These are the 2 I'm negotiating on, I've always had Yamaha, because my grandfather was a Yamaha franchise dealer, but I've always wanted that Harley, I have some upper body disabilities, so I must be kinda picky on my choice so that I can handle it, I'm not a spring chicken anymore.....LOL
My wife and I are riding from the Panama city are. We are planning to take the back roads if anyone is intrested in joining us Friday morning let me know.
We are heading out from Valrico sometime Friday, maybe lunchtime, going across 92 to US 1 to the campground.
OK, glad to see all these replies. The wife and I (she rides her own!) will be heading out Friday around 9:30-10:00AM Friday the 15th. We live on the north side; near Suncoast and 54, and will take a route north then east, maybe 41 to 200 to 40 (open to suggestions - not going I-4). Anyone else wanting to join on that timeframe and rough path let us know. Good meeting place is McDonalds/7-11 at 54/41 intersection. Look for the big guy on a blue Road King and the blonde on a white Heritage Softail. Ride safe!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Tampa Harley-Davidson

Brandon Harley-Davidson

New Port Richey Harley-Davidson

Tallahassee Harley-Davidson

Panama City Beach Harley-Davidson

© 2017   Created by HD Florida.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service